It’s been a while since I last wrote a blog entry, with everything going on the past couple of months I’m very hard-press for time to squeeze in one. Well anyway it’s now 2013 and I wanted to start this year by writing a short recap on what happened the past year and a look forward in the coming year!
2012 has been a good year for me though at first I thought I really was not expecting anything from it because I typically force myself not to and just mainly focus on what’s happening in front of me. I generally am resistive to sudden and abrupt changes and that’s basically the summary of the year for me…
From being yank out from my comfort zone from my previous project where I’ve been to for the better part of almost 2 years to establishing a team to my current start up project, learning my way from my screw ups and feeling everything out, to now… Being here in Bentonville coordinating and helping out our growing team.
One of my mentors/leads before and a good friend told me that anyone who is taken out of their comfort zones will always freak out one way or another it’s human nature she said, but it’s how you deal and adjust to it that makes a difference. It’s an opportunity and I’d be a total idiot to let it pass.
Man 2012 have been one hell of a ride and I manage to reach a couple of milestone and experience a lot firsts on 2012…
- First time leading a team
- Establishing a process
- Breaking my personal record in a half marathon. New PR 2hrs 12mins
- First time running 32km afroman distance
- First time running a Full Marathon 42kms
- First out of the country trip
- First time spending Christmas and New Year away from home and family
- First time living alone in an apartment and setting it up from ground up
- First time cooking, ironing and washing my clothes LOL!!!
- First time experiencing what it takes to be really independent without the safety net from my family
- First time to face and talk to the client on a daily basis
- First time buying things and not feel guilty about it! BOOM! Haha!
- First time experiencing snow!!!
Those were some of the experience that I feel are the highlights of my 2012… The adventure, joy and sadness of experiencing them all is quite something and I’m very thankful for everything that has happened, I wouldn’t change anything.
Now 2012 has drawn to a close I’m really excited on what 2013 has in store… Hopefully my 1st marathon here in the US :p and also an opportunity to run in the Chicago or LA marathons! Hihihi! Yes mababaw but work-life balance has always been a key for me… and my passion for Running would never end :p Well anyway this is where this entry ends..
Happy new year everyone!!! Have a great year ahead!